This desk was brought to me covered in an old white primer, it was a customers piece, but unremarkable for sure. I had done about 7 pieces for this customer, all in varying shades of purple. This piece would also take on a similar color scheme and become a purple power desk.
Don’t Miss Out!
Sign up to have all Brandy’s projects emailed to you.
- Dixie Belle Paint in Aubergine, Muscadine Wine, Plum Crazy, and Midnight Sky
- Dixie Belle White Lightning cleaner
- Dixie Belle Synthetic Mini Brush
- Dixie Belle satin top coat
- Dixie Belle application sponge
- Redesign with Prima Imperial Garden decor transfer
- Redesign with Prima silver Gilding Wax
- Rustoleum spray primer in gray
Immediately a commanding combination of Plum Crazy, Muscadine Wine and Aubergine came to mind. I started by cleaning well with Dixie Belle White Lightning, priming with Rustoleum spray primer and adding a base coat.
In this first video I will walk you through how I cleaned and primed this desk. Then we will add our first coat of color!
Once our color scheme was laid out, it was time to add a second coat, perfecting our blending and color lay out. You can watch that in my second video below!
Once everything is completely dry I applied the Redesign by Prima Imperial Garden transfer and topped it off with a clear coat in Dixie Belle satin clear coat.
The result is a grand and dramatic desk ready to be the home of many great decisions!